Born on May 1, 1920, in Denver, Colorado, Jack Richards was a photographer in Ferndale for 45 years. Many of Jack's photographs can be seen on display at the Museum.
During WWII, he served with the 8th Army Air Corps in England. After the war, he settled in Oak Park and opened his photography studio at 501 West Nine Mile. Later, he moved into the Macole Building located at 22720 Woodward Avenue near Troy Street.
Mr. Richards was Past President of the Detroit Professional Photographers Association, and a member of the Michigan Professional Photographers Association. In 1970, he received his Master of Photography from the Professional Photographers of America. He was a Past President of Rotary and a recipient of the Paul Harris Fellow.
Jack M. Richards died on October 23, 1996, at the age of 76 following an extended illness. Funeral services were held at Our Lady of Fatima Church in Oak Park. Memorial contributions were set up to aid St. Jude's Children Hospital in Tennessee.